March 31, 2016

Cinemascope: Before Sunset

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.




Released in 2004.

Plot line: A sequel to "Before Sunrise," this film starts nine years later as Jesse (Ethan Hawke) travels across Europe giving readings from a book he wrote about the night he spent in Vienna with Celine (Julie Delpy). After his reading in Paris, Celine finds him, and they spend part of the day together before Jesse has to again leave for a flight.

The movie blurbs give away important plot points, so do not read them. This is as lovely to watch as the first time I saw it, and I was thoroughly delighted by the range of conversational topics the two actors cover. As I said last week, these movies are an ode to magic of conversation.

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: