May 30, 2014

Journal page

As I mentioned last week, I've filled up my little writing/sketch journal and started one in a larger size. 8.5 x 11 inches to be exact. Same brand, means I have the same issues with the paper: it buckles with wet media, and text shows through, but am having fun playing in the larger format.

Here are the first two pages in the journal. Well, actually the last page in the journal and the first. I did the last page first to see how the paper would handle watercolors. As you can see, it is not too bad if the painted areas are small.

(Click on image to view larger)

That dreaded first page. Well, since I had already broken in the journal by testing out the last page, this one was easier. For some reason, there is always pressure on that first pristine page. I did a quick sketch, then jotted down some thoughts on starting a new journal. 

(Click on image to view larger)

As you can see, there is alot more buckling with larger watercolor washes. But I've made my peace with it. And after I turn the page, that dreaded first page is behind me.

How is your art/writing/sketching practice going? 
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: