March 20, 2014

Cinemascope: Red 2

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.




Released in 2013.

Plot line: Retired C.I.A. agent Frank Moses reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear device.

I recently came across this movie, and the cast made me look twice: Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich, Anthony Hopkins, etc. How is it I have never heard of it before? Probably because it is all action and explosions, and has very little redemptive qualities. Well, sometimes that is just what I am in the mood for, so popped it in, and was pleasantly surprised. If, like me, you keep in mind that this is an animated comic book with some of my fave actors, your expectations are correctly set for a fun couple of hours with some laughs along the way. That scene where Helen Mirren is in the slow-mo car with guns? I want that to play on a continuous loop when  my computer starts up. Now, Red 2 means there was a Red 1 right? So please excuse me while I go request it.

You can see the movie trailer here. If you have yet to see it, and need some brainless fun, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: