January 10, 2014

Cinemascope: The Beaver

I love movies, but am often disappointed by the blockbusters. Oh, they might be entertaining, but I want something more. Cinemascope is a new blog addition where I will share with you movies I think are worth watching.


Released in 2011. I recall making a mental note to see this one. I mean, Jodie Foster directs and acts in it. I'd watch Jodie paint a wall. But then there is Mel Gibson, and a Beaver? Maybe not.

Turns out I was dead wrong not to add my pennies to the opening weekend box office coffers. This is a wonderful movie that explores mental health, and depression, and families struggling to cope with loss of various kinds. It sounds heavy and depressing, but it is not. Serious, yes, but handled with honesty and such a light touch.

You can see the movie trailer here. If you have yet to see this, it is a movie worth watching.

No comments: