June 1, 2013

One Little Word 2013: May Update

And just like that May is over, so time for a monthly status update. Remember these were my goals for the month:


And how did I do?

Goal # 1: Bike 50 miles. When I picked this goal, I had no idea that I would be out of town for part of the month, and that we would have a cold and wet spring. But as the month drew to a close, decided to get my bike out and see what I could do. And you know what? I biked 45.7 miles. In 3 days! I admit to not easing in and slowly building up the miles, but I was out of time people. And you know that when I finished my 15.25 miles yesterday (the last day of the month), I was tempted to simply ride on and get to the 50 target. But this is the new me. Perfection is not the goal. I decided to be thrilled at what I did accomplish and leave it at that.

Goal #2: Weekly nature rambles. See above in regards to being on the road and the wet weather. I planned for 4 and got in 2. Not bad.

Goal #3: Explore new paths. I did this both literally and figuratively this month. Literally by exploring places completely new to me while on a road trip. Figuratively by exploring old, well worn mental and emotional paths that no long serve me and doing some re-routing.

All in all, am quite proud of my efforts and accomplishments. I hope you had a great month as well. Let's see what June has in store.

No comments: