May 6, 2013

Recent Reads

50. Fire (Graceling Realm #2)
This is book #2 in the Graceling trilogy, and while I liked book one, this story did not grab me. I really liked how this book tells a story in a parallel universe set in the neighboring lands of book one. Great idea that. However, I did not find Fire a compelling character. Granted she is young, and conflicted, and doing the best she can, but after a strong start, the story got boring. I do like the creative imagination of the author, and plan on reading the final book in the trilogy. Rating: 2 stars.

51. The Faithful Spy (John Wells #1)
Decided to start this audio book on a long road trip, and the story was interesting enough to listen to completion, but not sure that I'll be reading the other books in this series. Did not find John Wells a compelling character, and the dialogue parts of the book are quite stilted. Rating: 2 stars.

No comments: