May 10, 2013

One Little Word 2013: April Update

And just like that April is over, so time for a monthly status update. Remember these were my goals for the month:


And how did I do?

I find in fascinating that my goals in April focused on strengthening my mind, and that my training was tested all month long.

Goal #1: Be present. This is a hard one to measure, but overall I was successful at staying in the present moment. I found that simply breathing and paying attention to my breath helped prevent me getting swept away by my monkey mind. All the what ifs, and should haves. Simply breathing and focusing on the now helped create a space that was soothing.

Goal #2: Daily gratitude. Yes. I have much to be grateful for.

Goal #3: Focus on the positive. Another intangible that is hard to measure, but overall I was successful at focusing on the positive. There is something I heard many years ago: I spend all my time worrying about disasters that never happen. It is so very easy to spin my wheels and get nowhere. I found this practice really helpful this month. 

All in all, am quite proud of my efforts and accomplishments. I hope you had a great month as well. Let's see what May has in store.

No comments: