March 2, 2013

One Little Word 2013: February Update

And just like that February is over, so time for a monthly status update. Remember these were my goals for the month:


And how did I do?

Goal #1: Train for a 5K run. Decided to target running 25 miles for the month. I am driven by numbers and love graphs, so decided to track my weekly progress with RunKeeper (I use the free version), and this is what the graph looked liked yesterday:


Actual mileage was 22.3 miles, and while I did not hit my target of 25 miles, am thrilled that I am running injury free, and plan to step up to a higher level of training in March. I have yet to pick my 5K event, but am thinking the fall time frame. 

Goal #2: Daily yoga. That meant 28 sessions of yoga. I practiced yoga 23 times this month, and that has to be an all time record for me. Love how much more flexible and loose my body feels. Plan to make this a regular part of my day.

Goal # 3: Learn something new. As part of this goal, I signed up for a new class on Coursera called The Modern and the Postmodern. I love how it has exposed to me to famous authors that I never got around to reading before this class. The class continues through May, and then I'll need to decide which class to take next.

All in all, am quite proud of my efforts and accomplishments. I hope you had a great month as well. Let's see what March has in store.

No comments: