August 10, 2010

Recent Reads

1. The Killing Floor
My first book by this really popular author. Found it a good read - did not capture me and draw me in, but an interesting read none-the-less. Will look into the other books in the series.

2. The Bone People
This book has been on my bookshelf to read for several years and I finally got around to reading it for my book club. Loved it. The story of 3 broken and damaged people and how they connect. I loved the New Zealand, Maori angle and though the writing style takes some getting used to, a great read.

3. Digital Expressions
Fun book with interesting ideas on how to create digital art.

4. The Passage
The buzz around this book has been incredible. It made the top of my list because it was actually available in ebook format at my library. An epic novel with lots of characters. As you read it, you know that it is not going to end well. Have been lost in the world of vampires for the past week or so. Fun summer read.

No comments: