July 30, 2009

TEDx Boston

As you know by now, I love TED so was delighted to be able to attend the TEDx Boston event on Tuesday. Was accompanied by Susan and Maria, and it was awesome. Thank goodness, as it was the first sunny day we'd had in Boston for several days, and going indoors on such a day seemed nuts.

You can see the line up here. I found interesting take aways from every talk. The one that most resonated with me had to do with ArtScience. Our education system is left over from the industrial age and is obsolete in many ways. Requiring students to specialize and compartmentalize what they learn leads to little creativity and innovation. I know this to be true from first hand experience. So was delighted to hear about organizations that are working to change education. Right up my alley. Have a meeting with one of the organizations next week.

The other highlight of the event was the performance by the Youth Orchestra of the Americas. They simply blew me away. All in all, an event that left me inspired and my brain tingling. Love that.

No comments: