July 2, 2009

Recent Reads

1. Spiderweb
This is my first time reading a book by the author and I found it an interesting read. The story of a woman who has reached retirement. Raises interesting questions: how do you define community?

2. The Forgery of Venus
What a fun romp through the art world. I was surprised by the sci-fi aspects of the book - was not expecting that. Again, first time reading this author and will look into his other stuff. If you like the old masters, give this is a read.

3. Jim Dine: The Alchemy of Images
I love his bathroom series, so was interested to see what other art he has produced. Fascinating to see what/how people create.

4. Dinosaurs Before Dark
A chapter book that the boys and I are reading in installments. My niece Bella recommends the Magic Tree House series, so we're diving in as well. Quite fun.

No comments: