February 27, 2009

Jet lag continues its grip

Still having a hard time with the 12 hour time zone shift. Just cannot seem to go to sleep at night - and when I do, I nap - am up in a couple of hours. Yeesh.

Met up with Saf and Hip yesterday - friendly faces in the crowd. Fun time catching up. The adventure of the day was finding a new hotel. There are so many and all the ones I looked into last night were full. Found one that I like on my morning exploration, so set for now. It is just around the corner from my last one, so I decided to walk it. Crossing the roads here is kinda like a game of chicken/dodge ball combo. And it was even more exciting with luggage - good thing I travel light. And oh, just when I think I travel light, my sister has me beat by about 50%. For a 5 month trip - now that is impressive.

Explored more parts of Ko Ratanakosin - wats (so many wats, so little time!) and the amulet market. Also got my first glimpse of the mighty river - cannot wait to take the boat taxis. Off for more exploration.

No comments: