February 5, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I've been tagged twice, so here are some random tidbits about me:

1. I am an island girl. Was born on an island, hope to die on an island - ideally one in the tropics. It's one of my life goals to to step foot on all the islands on the planet - yup, I dream big.

2. I think Kenyan AA is the best coffee in the world. I love coffee smells in the morning, but find it tastes disgusting. I like my coffee late at night after a good meal. And none of that decaf crap for me.

3. I find it strange that while I was in school in Kenya (KG to High - which translates to junior college in the States), I was popular with both teachers and students. I was always elected Prefect and was Head Girl, and never lost any friends over it.

4. I cannot play a musical instrument of any sort, but think the sax is ever so sexy.

5. I cannot imagine my life without books - to read, to write in, to simply smell.

6. Photography is one of my passions.

7. I believe that it's never too late to have a happy childhood.

8. I am a cat person, though dogs of all shapes and sizes seem to love me.

9. I believe that people come into my life for a reason. The trick is learning what they are trying to teach me.

10. I love children, but have never had the urge to biologically have one of my own.

11. I think of myself as spiritual but not religious.

12. I always thought that I would be a doctor (a dream my Mom had for me), and was in a pre-med program before coming to the states.

13. I love to travel.

14. I used to have many pen pals when I was a kid. There was nothing quite like the thrill of connecting with all those people in far away places on my atlas.

15. I love getting letters and postcards in the mail. Snail mail.

16. I really do have quite a fetish for paper. I collect (really horde) paper of all kinds.

17. After I moved to using fountain pens in the third grade, I cannot write with a pencil. Just seems strange to me.

18. As much as I enjoy virtual time with people (email/phone, etc), nothing beats the pleasure of face to face contact.

19. Chocolate. (Need I say more?)

20. I wear turtlenecks almost year around. Ditto for socks. They just feel like a hug.

21. My favorite subjects in school were biology, history and religious studies (go figure!).

22. There are days when I simply do not get out of my PJs - actually more days that you might think.

23. I love eating delicious meals, but not enough to learn how to cook them. Am much more of a baker.

24. I live by the "one cup rule" every chance I get. This is where you get out of bed in the morning, then promptly jump back in to read for while.

25. Every time, and I mean every time, I do anything physical (hike, bike, etc), my body screams bloody murder for the first 20 minutes. After that I'm good.

No comments: