June 27, 2008

Recent Reads

1. Three Cups of Tea
This is my book club's selection for July. It has gotten rave reviews, and I did enjoy it. An inspirational story about one man's journey and how he has made such a difference for many thousands of children in some of the poorest parts of the Muslim world. I do have a gripe with the editing of the book - there are numerous errors throughout the book that I found extremely annoying, but if you can get past that, this is an interesting account.

2. Chez Moi
Delightful little book I stumbled upon recently. Translated from French, this is the story of a woman who has lost everything and re-creates her world one piece at a time. I was constantly hungry as I read, and would love to have her restaurant in my neighborhood. Philosophy mixed in with food, friendship and life.

No comments: