January 11, 2008

Window Seat

Every time I fly, I think about the fact that 2 of my grandparents never got on a plane. They never got to see the earth from 30,000 feet.

On my recent flight to Vegas, I booked myself into a window seat, as the flight would occur in daylight. I'm sure that in the old days of travel, one got used to the fact that one was making a journey. This trip in fact would have taken many months and be fraught with peril. My trip was on time, and took me barely 6 hours to travel almost the width of the continental United States. No need to ford swift rivers. No high altitude passes to cross. At times I do think that in modern travel, we miss out on some of that. We do not have time to adjust to traveling, before we arrive. Would I change it? Nope. But still.

You can see more pics from my seat here.

No comments: