January 28, 2008

Recent Reads

1. Barefoot
First book that I've read by the author. Liked that it was set in Nantucket - lovely island nearby. This book got rave reviews - not sure I would agree - it's a fast read, but more in the chick lit genre - which I do not read alot.
The story is about 3 women who escape to the island for a summer to take time out from various problems they are facing - fighting cancer, cheating husbands, illicit affairs, and small town living.

2. Possible Side Effects
I listened to the audio book during my commute this month, and really think that the reason I enjoyed it was because it was an audio book. Not sure that I would have made it through reading the book. The short stories are funny, some clever, and sad. The author does process a lot of angst in the pages, but I enjoyed it. If you do read it, call me after you get to story where a woman friend throws something at college guys who were annoying her. I audibly gasped when I heard it - wow!

No comments: