August 24, 2007

What's up with Vick?

The 4 most recognizable QBs in US football are (in my fave order) Brett Farve, Tom Brady, Michael Vick and Peyton Manning.

Vick is exciting to watch - he makes things happen. When the news broke earlier this year about dog fighting on his land, I bought into his denial - it was not me; i have no idea of what might have happened on far flung corners of my land, etc. Why? Because I did not want it to be true. I could not believe that he would be that stupid. Well, he fessed up this week. What an idiot (for doing it, not for fessing up). There go his endorsements and he's very likely to do jail time. This is not something he's going to be able to shake off. There is sense of disgust directed at him.

How do I feel? To quote Armand in "Birdcage".... betrayed, bewildered......

No comments: