August 29, 2007

Moon Walk

The moon has featured prominently in my life recently.

Yesterday morning, S and I had a breakfast picnic as we watched the lunar eclipse. It started around 4:50am and lasted for almost 2 hours. We drove to the park, but there was a huge cloud bank in the way. Moved over to the golf course and were treated to the most spectacular sight. I drew sketches of what I saw - will post the page later. When the moon dipped behind houses, we moved back to the park to continue watching. It was a beautiful morning. Chill in the air. Huge moon getting eaten. And then sun rose behind us. The eclipsed moon dipped again behind a cloud bank towards the end, so we missed the last bit - but no complaints here. There was only one other family out there watching. Amazing what wondrous things happen while most people are asleep.

The huge moon was distracting again later last night on our way to dinner. I'm amazed that there were not more accidents as motorists got lost in the sight. And then this morning (it's dark again by 5:30!), the moon lit up my walk. It was a one bunny day. To be honest, there might have been more bunnies about, but I was blinded by the lovely lantern in the sky.

No comments: