August 27, 2007

Summer Music

The Summer Music Series in Lowell is one of the gems of the town.
It's a perfect way to have a picnic, enjoy lovely summer evenings and listen to awesome music.

We recently checked out 2 concerts:
One of them was my first Indigo Girls concert. The place was packed with people of all ages, and I liked their music - turns out I know some of their songs. Melissa Ferrick opened for them - she was good, but not as great as when she is in her angry/rocking mode. Met up with friends A&M for a fun picnic and a great night under the stars.











I discovered Koko Taylor several years ago - a chance encounter with an NPR show. I love her music. What a voice. Koko's concert left me feeling a little strange. I guess I had no idea that she was 77 and it felt uncomfortable to sit and expect her to entertain us. It's funny how people don't age in your mind when you don't get regular updated. Her band really rocked, though it was strange that her manager gave false information about her. Shemeika Copeland opened - a young woman with an incredible voice that will only get better.

No comments: