July 14, 2016

Cinemascope: G.I. Jane

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.



Released in 1997.

Plot line: In response to political pressure from Senator Lillian DeHaven (Anne Bancroft), the U.S. Navy begins a program that would allow for the eventual integration of women into its services. The program begins with a single trial candidate, Lieutenant Jordan O'Neil (Demi Moore), who is chosen specifically for her femininity. O'Neil enters the grueling training program under the command of John James Urgayle (Viggo Mortensen).

I recently watched this movie again for, oh maybe the sixth time. It works just as well today as it did when I first saw it almost a decade ago. Demi Moore is kick-ass in this one, and I love everything about it.

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: