July 7, 2016

Cinemascope: American Hustle

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.



Released in 2013.

Plot line: Irving Rosenfeld (Christian Bale) dabbles in forgery and loan-sharking, but when he falls for fellow grifter Sydney Prosser (Amy Adams), things change in a big way. Caught red-handed by FBI agent Richie DiMaso (Bradley Cooper), Irv and Sydney are forced to work under cover as part of DiMaso's sting operation to nail a New Jersey mayor (Jeremy Renner). Meanwhile, Irv's jealous wife (Jennifer Lawrence) may be the one to bring everyone's world crashing down. Based on the 1970s Abscam case.

I'm not sure what I was expecting when I watched this movie, but I was highly entertained. There is some superb acting by this all star cast, and some really funny moments. My only complaint is that the movie needed tighter editing. Still, a movie I enjoyed and one that actually had me laughing out loud a couple of times.

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: