March 19, 2015

Cinemascope: Royal Cousins At War

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.



Released in 2014.

Plot line: At the outbreak of the First World War three cousins reigned over Europe's greatest powers - Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany and King George V of Britain. This two-part series looks atthe role played by the three monarchs, and their relationships with each other, in the outbreak of war, arguing that it is far greater than historians have traditionally believed.

Sometimes the sheer amount of things I do not know stagger me. I found this fascinating documentary educational, informative, and entertaining. It helped connect many dots for me, and left me some questions I plan to explore further. 

You can learn more here. If you have yet to see it, this is TV series worth watching.

No comments: