March 5, 2015

Cinemascope: Blue Jasmine

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.


Released in 2013.

Plot line: Poignant, romantic, and mesmerizing, writer/director Woody Allen's latest masterpiece centers around Jasmine (Cate Blanchett), a former New York socialite teetering on an emotional tightrope, balancing between her troubled east coast past and a fresh start in San Francisco. Having moved into her sister's humble apartment, Jasmine ricochets between the tumultuous acceptance of her new limitations, and the dreams of reclaiming her past life's glamour. Join a powerful cast for an intimate portrayal of the battle between fantasy and reality which rages within us all.

This movie has stayed me with since I watched it on a flight a couple of months ago. Cate Blanchett is incredible, and gives an oh so cringe worthy performance, and for that alone this movie is worth watching. It is easy to believe in the facade we present to the world, but who are we really beneath it?

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is movie worth watching.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't seen this one before, but I've heard of it and been thinking about watching it sometime. Now I definitely have to check this movie out :)