April 5, 2013

One Little Word 2013: March Update

And just like that March is over, so time for a monthly status update. Remember these were my goals for the month:


And how did I do?

Goal #1: Weight training 3 times a week. I did that exactly zero times. Zero. What the heck happened? My plans changed. I decided to continue focusing on my running plan. Yes, I need to add strength training into the mix, but instead of beating myself up over this, have decided to let it be and move on. On the plus side, am stoked with my running progress.

Goal #2: Deepen relationships. Intangibles are hard to measure, and I knew that going in. How does one measure if I was successful here? It is so subjective, and I do think I made good headway. So my answer is YES.

Goal #3: Try something new. There are several things I tried for the first time this month. For example, a group of readers got together to read short stories aloud. I have never done that before, and it was fun.  Another example would be incorporating a foam roller into my stretching routine. The dividends have been incredible.

All in all, am quite proud of my efforts and accomplishments. I hope you had a great month as well. Let's see what April has in store.

No comments: