July 9, 2011

Recent Reads

1. I Remember Nothing
A mini book of essays, most of which are funny and entertaining.

2. High Crimes
As I continue to search for a good thriller, picked this one and honestly cannot understand the rave reviews. While an interesting idea, it was not well written and the characters were not flushed out. Skip it.

3. The Valley of Horses
Am currently hooked on the Earth's Children series, and am reading each of these 600+ page books in giant gulps. This is book 2, and while not as fab as the first book in the series is a fun escapist summer read.

4. The Mammoth Hunters
Am currently hooked on the Earth's Children series, and am reading each of these 600+ page books in giant gulps. I read book 2 and 3 back to back and realize that there is quite a bit of recapping which is a little annoying. Guess it would not have been an issue if I had read them when they were initially published years apart. This is book 3, and while not as fab as the first book in the series is a fun escapist summer read.

** Except for High Crimes, I read all of these on my new nook. My wrists are so happy, and I was able to read one 600+ page book after another without having to carry a bag of books with me everywhere I went. Love that.

No comments: