July 14, 2011

Readers

I love meeting readers. I love hearing what they are currently reading. I love hearing about books they loved. Or how a book changed them. And how they pick their next read.

I am often asked how I find books for my TBR list. Here are some of the ways:
  1. Talk to readers
  2. Listen to podcasts about authors and books
  3. Read the NYT book review
  4. Amazon - they have one of the best search engines in the market, and I am a nook person so that is saying something!
  5. I love Powells - both their store and website. I quite like the Puddly awards.
  6. Book blogs
Today I attended a summer book reading list discussion at my library. Two librarians reviewed various books and handed out a list they would recommend. Had already heard of most of the books, but discovered some new ones to check out. Love that.

On a slightly different note, I recently learned that most avid readers read one of three genres - romance, mysteries and thrillers. That explains the huge romance selection of ebooks at the library - something that has baffled me for some time. Who knew?

No comments: