July 7, 2011

Recent Movies

I don't really watch movies in theaters anymore - am so disappointed by most that I rarely bother. I catch up on my movies when they come out on DVD.

1. Rabbit Hole
Was delighted when I stumbled upon this movie. It is made for adults. No need for guns and explosions - at least on the outside. The human heart is capable of that all on its own. A beautifully told story about love and loss and family and comfort and forgiveness. Loved it.

2. Hereafter
With Clint Eastwood as director, I was looking forward to some good story telling. But he fell short on this one. Too choppy of a story and not compelling enough to hold one's interest.

3. Waiting for Superman
Loved this documentary. Found myself saying YES out loud often. A look at education and how the current system fails kids.

4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
The last book in the Harry Potter series was disappointing, and the movie is even worse. Too much focus on special effects and not enough story telling. What was with all that moody staring? And while the hairs on my neck stand up whenever Nagini is on screen, the movie as a whole is rather boring.

No comments: