April 26, 2011

Recent Reads

1. Hungers of the Heart
I had heard the author on a podcast and was interested to read his book. Lots of good material to chew on. Love people who can articulate their position without arm waving. This is a little gem of a book.

2. Yosemite: The Promise of Wildness
Read this for an upcoming trip. Essays on conservation success and failures in the park and a look at photos of Yosemite through the seasons.

3. Outstanding Mini Albums
I am a fan of mini albums and make them every now and then, but this book is a little too cutesy for my taste.

4. The Decorated Journal
How many times have I read this one? A dozen times? Probably. And it does not disappoint. Am always inspired.

5. 365: A Daily Creative Journal
Fun book with fun ideas. More like a calendar with creative daily prompts. The idea of an everyday project for an entire year is intriguing. What will it be? Hmm....

6. The Glass Castle
This book has been on my list for ages, and I finally sat down to read it and could barely put it down. The story got a hold of me at the first sentence and I simply could not break free until I was done, and could come back up for air. I would highly recommend it.

7. Street Art
I am a fan of graffiti art and this was a fun book to peruse.

No comments: