April 19, 2011

Recent Reads

1. The Unthinkable
Read this book a year or so ago based on a reco from a friend and found it fascinating. It was my book club selection this month, so decided to listen to the audio version on our drive to DC. Thought provoking. And lots for my book club to talk about.

2. Rogue Wave
I was in the mood for a thriller so picked this one based on reviews, and honestly do not understand the rave reviews. This book is poorly written and the characters are rather one dimensional and not flushed out. The only positive thing I have to say about the book is that I learned a bit more about the tsunami warning system in the Pacific. My recommendation: don't bother.

3. Subterranean
I was still in the mood for a thriller, so picked up this book. Have read several books by the author and this is not one of his better ones. An okay, fast read, but not a book I would recommend.

Am still in the mood for a thriller, so if you are a thriller reader, what would you recommend?

No comments: