April 7, 2011

Recent Reads

1. Making Handmade Books
I've read dozens of books on how to bind my own journals. This book covers the usual assortment of bindings - but with lovely photos. Just makes you want to do some binding - and I did.

2. Creative is a Verb
Like other books that Patti has written, this must be read at a slow enough pace to savor the writing and give the inspiration time to marinate. Beautiful, Thought provoking. Inspirational. Loved it.

3. How to Draw Animals
Not a how-to book as much as a little reference book.

4. An Illustrated Life
I have read this book (devoured would be more apt a description) at least a dozen times. Love everything about it.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hi!!
Thank you so much for your comment to steer my thinking in a positive manner as my grandbaby moves away. Yes, we have Skype- but I'm Italian--big into sharing meals and hugging (LOL). I will be okay because I will BREATHE and enjoy the beauty of what is. Speaking of beauty, I love your creativity. I am going to follow your blog to see what you're up to; creatively. :) I hope you'll revisit my blog and become a follower of mine too. Again thank you for taking the time to comment--Bless you.

Elizabeth said...

Good luck with the transition Pam.