November 18, 2009

First Page Jitters

There is something rather daunting about the first page of a new journal, and to get past those jitters, I usually skip over the first page and simply dive in. Several days later I go back to and play on the first page. Interesting enough, I've never had this problem with a written journal - seems to be an art journal issue. I've heard people who get over the first page jitters by dating the page and writing down contact info for family and friends. This particular first page, was influenced by Teesha - been watching her latest journal videos - quite fun.
Do you have first page jitters? How do you get past them?

3 comments:

Pam said...

Interesting observation ... I can't think of a time I've had first page journal jitters. I often had first page TEST jitters! Used your technique - I would skip to the next page of the test or even the end. Then go back to the beginning. Thanks for the thought provoking post.

Elizabeth said...

I remember test jitters as well, and like you would simply skip past tougher questions and come back to them when I felt more relaxed.

Maria said...

I skip the first page too... but generally never go back. I just leave it blank. SO cool that you brought it up as I would have thought it just a little Maria-ism and trick...

LOVE your blog. You are so talented, E. Just saw a post on Linked IN "Help! I don't have any followers." Any interest in working on that as everyone deserves to read this! (tho knowing you, you already have quite a following!)