September 10, 2009

Recent Reads

1. Hachiko Waits
This is a good read based a true story of a dog who waits at a train station in Japan for his master - even after the master is dead.

2. The Teahouse Fire
Love books like this. In my mind I've been spending the past couple of weeks in 1800s Japan. Drank a lot of tea while reading this book, and learned much - for example I had no idea that you need to take apart a kimono for washing, and then stitch it up again - every time you wash it. Incredible. I know so little about Japanese culture, and this is another book that helps flush out the picture for me. The author rambles from time to time, but it is a fun read with quite an unexpected twist at the end - sweet.

3. And Tango Makes Three
Love this book. Read it again with Jonah yesterday. Families come in all forms.

4. Kung Fu Panda: Po's Crash Course
Another Jonah selection yesterday. Not very good - but for kids who have seen the movie it sparks a good conversation.

5. Book+Art
A book I dip into for inspiration. Love it.

No comments: