June 25, 2009

Trekkie

I'll be the first to admit that I confuse Star Wars and Star Trek (yup, I heard that gasp). For some reason cannot keep them straight in my head - maybe because I did not watch the TV shows, or maybe because I simply don't care (ooh another gasp), but either way have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the latest Star Trek movie. It was simply plain fun, and a great way to setup a whole new series. Have since gone back to watch all the Star Trek movies (cannot bring myself to watch the TV shows), and I'll admit that some of the story lines are quite good. So while still not a Trekkie, am starting to understand what all the fuss is about.

1 comment:

Mary said...

What a great admission! I was embarrassed to find myself hooked on Star Trek: The Next Generation (yep, the TV show!). The stories were thoughtful. I haven't gone back to watch them so I wonder if I would still enjoy them.

The latest movie was a true blast from the past..and it was based on the original series. I loved it (the movie) too!