June 13, 2009

Recent Reads

1. Things I've Been Silent About
I really enjoyed this memoir from Azar Nafisi. It is thought provoking - a mix of the personal and political, familial and national.

2. The Best American Travel Writing 2008
Have taken my time dipping into this book. Overall not a great collection - some are fantastic and others seem like incoherent ramblings.

3. The Eight
I really wanted to like this book, but in the end would not recommend it. There are so many wonderful angles to the story, but it is told rather poorly. 600 pages later. Sigh. The only positive thing is that I am hooked on chess. Guess that was worth the read :-)

4. Alice in Wonderland
What was this guy on?! I am sure I read this as a kid, but do not remember doing so, and now I see why that might be.

No comments: