January 3, 2009

Night at the movies

I continue to be disappointed by movies that Hollywood puts out. In the last month saw 2 that I was really looking forward to and found both disappointing.

The new Indiana Jones movie - how could that team create such a woofer? I heard from my inside man in Hollywood that they had gone through various scripts before they picked this one. Huh? That was the best one? I'm sure that there are loads of very talented writers out there who could have created a much better story - oh right, I am rather old school in that I like a movie to have an actual plot. So very glad that I did not spent my $10.50 at a theatre.

Then there was the new Pacino movie - I sit here shaking my head as I write this - I think even I could have come up with a better script for that movie. I do believe we are seeing the demise of Hollywood. All the talent seems to be on the indie circuit.

Needless to say, I pooled the money that I saved and bought me a couple of books - but that is a story for another day. In the meanwhile if you run across a movie you love, please, please, do pass it along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Checha.....I wish u cud enjoy some malayalam and Hindi movies...some r so good.If u r interested I wud suggest some names....