January 2, 2009

Hello 2009

A new beginning, a new start - not different than any other day of the year really - but for some reason, it's a nice clean demarcation that is easy to plan around - saying goodbye to the old and hello to the new.

I stopped making resolutions a couple of years ago - in some ways they seemed too limiting to me, and how many times was I really going to have "loose some weight" on that list? Boring. So instead of resolutions I choose a word as my touchstone for the new year. Last year was actually 2 words - Health & Wealth. Here's what happened - almost all decisions were made based on my theme for the year. And so I ended the year both healthier and wealthier (in all the ways these words would apply). Very simple, yet incredibly powerful.

This year my word is Passion.

No comments: