March 11, 2008

Recent Reads

1. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life
Recently completed this audio book. As you might recall, my daily commute has become much shorter (a fact that I celebrate daily), and it now takes me longer to get through an audio book. I thoroughly enjoyed this book - it is well written, made me think, taught me things I did not know, and had me really hungry most of the time. Would highly recommend it.

2. The Gathering
My book club book this month is the Man Booker award winner. I did not love it. Not even sure that I liked it. Parts were tough to get through. I did enjoy the authors wonderful writing style, and there were parts I had to remind myself to breathe, but as a whole, the story did not draw me in.

3. Shark in the Park
A fun romp with my nephews. Jonah in particular had really large eyes though out the story. Too cute.

4. How I Became a Pirate
Another fun read with the boys. Luke loved this one. For the next couple of days, they kept talking about how pirates do not say "please" or "thank you". We have been working on manners. Been having fun reading kid books to find ones that I think they will like.

No comments: