November 8, 2007

Magical moments

I've had some of the most magical moments during my morning commute this week. It's been tough getting up when it's dark and coming home in the dark - so I for one am all for the "falling forward". I can enjoy the sun on my morning drive.

It has gotten below freezing the past couple of nights. On my ride yesterday, it was like all the trees were smoking! Now I know that it was just the dew evaporating, but what a cool effect.

In spite of some really windy days, we have lucked out and there are still leaves on the trees - simply beautiful with the sun behind them. While at a very long light this morning, I was not impatient. How could I be as I sat amid soft showers of falling leaves.

Magical moments. They are all around us. All we have to do is simply be present in the here and now.

No comments: