November 13, 2007

Children's Books

If you know me, you know that I love to read. I cannot imagine what my life would be without books. I would like to cultivate the love of reading in my ns. It's harder with the girls being so far away, but every time I spend time with any of the ns I read to them. Luke loves books. Jonah is often too antsy to sit still long enough for a book, so I'm on a mission.

The boys spent Friday evening with us. I was ready with books. I had done my research and found books that I thought they would like. I read them all ahead of time and picked the ones I thought might resonate with them. When I picked them up, I talked about the cool books - building the anticipation. And don't you know that it worked! We read 3 books and the boys really liked them. Jonah was up and away by the middle of the 3rd book, but still a success.

Here are ones that we read:
1. Scary, Scary Halloween
2. Room on the Broom
3. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?

Luke's fave was #1 - he loves Halloween. Jonah liked #2 best.

No comments: