February 24, 2006

"Productive" is my middle name

Well, it can also be "procrastinate" - as in not studying for my teacher certification science test, or not keeping up with my mail or cleaning up my study. Well, my friends have I have done all the above this morning, and it's just 11am!

I decided to start by tackling my study - which had gotten rather cluttered and untenable. What do you expect from one with so many hobbies? After I rousted Rafiki from his "sandy beach" (aka thick towel on my desk by the window), I started dusting, vacuuming and purging - amazing how much junk accumulates in one small room. I started this yesterday actually - but am still on that high, so it counts!

The next Everest in front of me was the several feet high stack of mail awaiting my attention. Does anyone really stay on top of all those credit card offers, etc? Decided to be merciless and purged and purged and purged. Good thing tomorrow is recycling day - got bags and bags of paper headed out the door. And my space (aka studio) feels wonderful this morning, as do I. Rafiki had to explore and make sure that I had not altered any of the things that contribute to his wa. When he was satisfied, he was back on the "beach" - patiently waiting for spring.

What about the science test you ask? Well anyone recall what a Cephalopod is?

They are mollusks with tentacles - your average octopuses, cuttlefish, squids, etc. My cranium sure is tingly!

Must be time for lunch.

No comments: