October 12, 2017

Cinemascope: This Is Us (Season 1)

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.

Image result for this is us cast

Released in 2016.

Plot line: The Pearson family's generational story unfolds in this emotional drama. In moments of love, joy, triumph and heartbreak, revelations emerge from parents Jack and Rebecca's past, while triplets Kate, Randall and Kevin discover deeper meaning in their present day lives. Successful businessman and father Randall searches for information about his biological parents. Kate finds love and self-acceptance while battling obesity. Kevin pursues a more meaningful career, which brings some difficult choices.

I honestly think that the less you know about this show going in the better. I'd been hearing buzz about this one, and it got some Emmy nods and wins, but all I really knew going in is that it's a family drama. I didn't have very high expectations, and was blown away by the themes this show tackles, and tackles well. Once I started watching I couldn't stop. I was in tears most shows and right out bawling in others. No car chases, no gun fights, just a powerful look at humanity and our pain and our joy. Loved it.

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a TV series worth watching.

No comments: