October 13, 2016

Cinemascope: Trumbo

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.

Image result for trumbo movie poster

Released in 2015.

Plot line: In 1947, Dalton Trumbo (Bryan Cranston) was Hollywood's top screenwriter until he and other artists were jailed and blacklisted for their political beliefs. Trumbo, recounts how Dalton used words and wit to win two Academy Awards and expose the absurdity and injustice of the blacklist, which entangled everyone from gossip columnist Hedda Hopper (Helen Mirren) to John Wayne, Kirk Douglas and Otto Preminger.

I love movies that educate me about something I know little to nothing about, and this one especially timely. The acting is superb, and I enjoyed the setting and sense of place of this movie. People can sometimes act as sheep, and we often see/believe what we want to, and this movie is a reminder that all is not always as it seems.

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: