May 5, 2016

Cinemascope: Truth

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.



Released in 2015.

Plot line: Truth is a 2015 American political docudrama, based on American journalist and television news producer Mary Mapes' memoir Truth and Duty: The Press, the President and the Privilege of Power. The film focuses on the Killian documents controversy, and the resulting last days of news anchor Dan Rather and producer Mary Mapes at CBS News. It stars Cate Blanchett as Mapes and Robert Redford as Rather.

Finally a recently released Hollywood movie made by and for adults. Don't get me wrong, I like all the superhero stuff, but honestly has that cash cow not been milked dry already? I guess not. This movie will make you mad. It is so much like Orwell's 1984, and it actually happened in the not too distant past. Blanchett is superb (when is she ever not?) in this one, though I'm not sure about the casting of Redford. The death of investigative journalism is a bad thing for us all.

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: