May 19, 2016

Cinemascope: Game of Thrones (Season 5)


Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.




Released in 2015.

Plot line: Season 5 is based mostly on the fourth and fifth novels of the A Song of Ice and Fire book series, A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons, respectively. The storylines of the two books run concurrently but follow different sets of characters.

I can not be objective about this one. I've read the books, and in preparation to watch this season, I re-watched all the previous ones. Oh my word, but I love this show. Yes, it is incredibly violent, would you expect anything else during times of war? The writing is great, the setting, lighting, and cast is excellent, and I enjoyed every minute of these 50 episodes over a couple of months, even though I was sobbing at the end of this season. When I was done, I glimpsed a very large hawk outside the window, and for a moment I was convinced it was a dragon. Now the wait begins until the next season is out on DVD.

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a TV series worth watching.

No comments: