January 21, 2016

Cinemascope: Mr. Holmes

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.



Released in 2015.

Plot line: Long-retired and near the end of his life, Sherlock Holmes (Ian McKellen) grapples with an unreliable memory and must rely on his housekeeper's son as he revisits the still-unsolved case that led to his retirement.

I so enjoyed this quiet movie about an aging Sherlock Holmes. If you are Sherlock fan, you might take issue with the time frame of the movie, but honestly, I didn't care on whit about that. I quite liked the notion of an older Sherlock, who is struggling with early stages of Alzheimer's, and how the various threads in the story come together. If you are fan of period pieces, give this one a try.

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: