January 28, 2016

Cinemascope: A Little Chaos

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.




Released in 2014.

Plot line: In 17th-century France, King Louis XIV's chief landscape architect (Matthias Schoenaerts) makes an unusual decision to hire a woman (Kate Winslet) to create a lavish garden at Versailles.

I'm a Kate Winslet fan, so will watch anything she does. This one has the late Alan Rickman, who also directs. I'll be the first to admit that this movie does not live up to its potential, but the setting is lovely, and I love the feminist themes in it. If you are in the mood for a slow period piece, give this one a try.

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: