April 2, 2015

Cinemascope: The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.



Released in 2015.

Plot line: Filmmaker Andrew Jarecki examines the complicated life of reclusive real estate icon, Robert Durst, the key suspect in a series of unsolved crimes.

Is this the way documentary films are going? This HBO mini-series is a fascinating show, but what I found more interesting is how it changed the news in real time. I knew nothing about Durst, and did not read any articles until I watched the series, and I think that is the experience this story. How it ends opens up so many questions in regards to due process and the legal system.

You can see the series trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is TV worth watching.

No comments: