December 30, 2014

My Favorite Things: Serial Podcast (Season 1)

I love the Sound of Music. The movie. The play (in which I was Max in a school production). The songs. So the title is an homage. This will be a new addition to my blog where I will share something that currently delights me.



Released in Fall 2014.


Plot line: It's Baltimore, 1999. Hae Min Lee, a popular high-school senior, disappears after school one day. Six weeks later detectives arrest her classmate and ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, for her murder. He says he's innocent - though he can't exactly remember what he was doing on that January afternoon. But someone can. A classmate at Woodlawn High School says she knows where Adnan was. The trouble is, she’s nowhere to be found.

Serial is a podcast from the creators of This American Life, and is hosted by Sarah Koenig. Serial tells one story - a true story - over the course of an entire season. Each season, we'll follow a plot and characters wherever they take us. And we won’t know what happens at the end until we get there, not long before you get there with us. Each week we bring you the next chapter in the story, so it's important to listen to the episodes in order, starting with Episode 1.

I have loved listening to this first season of Serial, and have often binge listened. I love the idea of a story that slowly unfolds every week. This is an example of using podcasts in a new and wonderful way. 

You can get more information and the downloads here. If you have not already listened to it, this is a podcast worth listening to. And if like me you are exhibiting Serial withdrawal symptoms, you'll find this SNL spoof entertaining. Cannot wait for Season 2.

No comments: