February 28, 2014

Journal page

Been playing in my journal. Snow days and I needed the splash of color. As always, click on images to view larger.


Started by applying gesso, and then covering my pages with book text. Applied a coat of clear gesso on top of that.


I have watched Donna's Inspiration Wednesday videos religiously. Like attending art church, only on Wednesdays instead of Sundays. While I am sad that she has stopped this project, she continues to provide inspiration with the wealth of videos she has shared. I decided to use one of her videos as inspiration.


The thing about creation, it takes you places you has no idea you were headed. I knew that I would have circles, alphabet stickers, and drips. 


I am always surprised how much of what is going on with me spills out onto my pages. The circles reminded me of the audiobook I was listening to at the time. The morning of that day, I had an incredibly tough run, and it took all my mental, physical, psychological, and emotional reserves to finish my training run. I did it. Hence my text: Believe You Can. 


As for my completed spread, you can tell that I was inspired by Donna, but the page is all me.


Mixed media.

P.S. As a happy accident, I find that I love the little pieces of the whole, and think they would make wonderful cards. Oh happy day.

No comments: