October 11, 2013

One Little Word 2013: September Update

Holy moly we are almost half way through October already! How did that happen?
Time for a monthly update. Remember these were my goals for the month:


And how did I do?

Goal #1: Find 3 solutions to a problem. I sometimes find that I get stuck in seeing only one way out of a situation. And it is never that. There are usually at least two, often way more than that. In my opinion this is brain gymnastics of a sort, and while the problem I solved is too private to share publicly, I will say that it ended up so much better than I could ever have imagined or hope for!

Goal #2: Make chores fun. This is another purely mental thing for me. I'm not a chore person. I tend to do it grudgingly, and certainly do not whistle while I work. So now I listen to music, audio books or podcasts, and time flies by, and voila a particular chore is done. While I am still not whistling, I have come a long way.

Goal #3: Get inspired. Felt I needed a new jolt of inspiration, and found it in all the usual places - outdoors, blogs, books, magazines, museums. And a big part of this task was clearing, purging, and sorting my creative space. Worked wonders.

All and all, am quite proud of my efforts and accomplishments. I hope you had a great month as well. Let's see what October has in store.

No comments: